Suggest treatment for torn IT fibers in the hip area

Orthopaedic Surgeon
If I have torn some IT fibers in the hip area, how to I keep the IT band from getting tight if I am to rest the area? Plus, with the RICE technique, I feel like the pain is deep, so I haven't been icing area.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Foam Roller IT Band exercises will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. You can rest your IT band by hip adduction or neutral position.You can achieve this by lying on bed in lateral position. Gradual knee flexion and extension in lateral position will help. Use ice packs to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain. Physiotherapy with ultrasound and Tens will help you, Foam Roller IT Band exercises will help you can learn them from your physiotherapist. For early healing you can take Tab celin [vit C] and antioxidant with anti-inflammatory Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.