Suggest treatment for tiredness and vomiting sensation

Hi , My mom (age 45) ,she recovered from fever recently and now the body temperature is normal,but feeling tiredness every now and then and feeling vomiting sensation at times from past two days ,could you suggest some good medicine/treatment/diet for this problem Thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: High Calorie, High protein diet will help recovery Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Though you have not mentioned the diagnosis given by your mother's treating doctor, I presume that her ongoing fatigue/tiredness is a consequence of viral fever (called Post-viral asthenia); and, nausea due to ingestion of antibiotics/other drugs. She will improve within a couple of weeks, with * High Calorie and high protein diet (give extra proteins in the form of Protein powder, such as, Protinex Powder/Granules, freely available in the market; * additional multi-vitamin+ minerals supplements and, * plenty of water daily. Nausea will be controlled with a short course of * an anti-nausea drug, such as, Emeset 8mg thrice daily, to be given at least 30 minutes before meals; and, * a Proton Pump Inhibitor, such as, Pantoprazole 40mg once a day, to be taken early morning (empty stomach). Lastly, presence of tiredness at her age may indicate underlying/undiagnosed under-active thyroid. So, get her Thyroid Profile done. If the report is suggestive of under-active thyroid, appropriate treatment will cure her problems. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal