Suggest treatment for throat pain

ENT Specialist
I m 27 yr old female. for the past 3 days I have been having throat pain in the night. but since today morning I m having it full time. I haven't had fever or cold these days. nor did I have anything cold / from fridge. I do have allergy to fog and cold winds associated with it do make me sick. but I m non working and remain mostly indoors. also outdoors I always cover mi head, throat, nose and ears. wat medicine should I take to reduce throat pain? also there is cough whenever I talk for past 3 days . wat medicine should I take for cough?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Antiseptic gargles, PPI & mucolytic+bronchodilator Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. As you are having throat pain without any fever or cold, use of an antiseptic gargle solution should be enough for this. An analgesic with a proton pump inhibitor should also be taken for few days along with this. For cough, a mucolytic with bronchodilator should help along with steam inhalation. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for throat pain 2 minutes later
please mention specific names for medicines
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Descriptive Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Please use Hexidine/Lidocam gargles after diluting 1:1 with water thrice daily. Along with that use cap. Ocid 20mg twice daily before meals along with Syp. Ascoril. Do take steam along with. Feel free to ask another query. Regards