Suggest treatment for throat infection and fever

My wife has white coating on her throat, fever of 103 and vomiting. The doctor has prescribed tamiflu via phone, which she has taken. We have her resting, clear liquids and a little aspirin for fever. is there anything else we can or should do?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Paracetamol, saline gargles and fresh fruits... Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, it seems that your wife is suffering with an infection. Besides the antiviral, I would suggest that she gargles with XXXXXXX warm water mixed with a pinch of salt. It should help with throat inflammation. Give her some fruits if she is able to tolerate it. Aspirin has little antipyretic action as compared to paracetamol. If you have a supply of tylenol, please use it instead of aspirin. You may repeat the dose every 4th hour if temperature doesn't reduce. If tylenol isn't available you can try tipid sponging with XXXXXXX warm water to control temperature. I would be concerned if she has repeated vomiting. You should give her antiemetic available over the counter or take her to the ER for intravenous injections. Needless to say, she needs to see the doctor for detailed evaluation at the earliest tomorrow. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards