Suggest treatment for throat infection and cough

ENT Specialist
I am having throat infection & cough. Please suggest me medicines....
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Acute Pharyngitis Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffering from the acute pharyngitis. Pharyngitis may be viral or bacterial; most cases of viral pharyngitis can be successfully treated at home or by symptomatic treatment but bacterial pharyngitis requires throat swab and antibiotic culture sensitivity and also ENT consultation. However, there are some symptoms that require a doctor visit (You should see your doctor if): 1. You have had a sore throat for more than a week 2. You have a high fever 3. Your lymph nodes are swollen 4. You develop a rash If above mentioned symptoms are not present then I personally advised---> 1. Gargle with a baking-soda solution/antiseptic mouth wash/normal saline. 2. Steam inhalation three times a day. 3. Take immune-boosting vitamins C and E, the minerals zinc and magnesium. 4. Combine juice hot lemonade with honey can relieve pain. 5. Antiallergic medications. For better diagnosis and management, please consult the ENT specialist. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.