Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet

Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Remedies for swollen legs&feet Detailed Answer: Hi, The very first thing is to find out why you have swollen legs and feet. I also suggest to : - avoid standing up for long time - keep your legs raised when sitting - do massaging of the legs - take medicines as prescribed - avoid taking too much salt. Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet 26 hours later
I received a very general answer and had already done those things to no ava il. I am looking for something that could really affect the there a drug ? Is there a drug? Is there some action directly on the swelling which could start making the swelling go down Should I go to a hospital? Edit:Are there any patients who have had results of swelling going down from Venus Insufficiency and what was done to accomplish this?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up further with angiologist.... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, If you have done all these measures and no improvement, then, should consult an angiologist (the doctor taking care of blood vessels diseases) for further evaluation. You should also run deep vein Doppler ultrasound to evaluate the severity of vein clotting and the best treatment. With regards to therapy, you must wear elastic pressure stockings to help reduce swelling and functioning of clotted deep veins. If deep vein thrombosis is confirmed, then, baby aspirin must be started on daily basis. At the end, after the first oral treatment, if no progress, your angiologist will schedule a date for surgical removal of the clogged deep veins after discussing the success at your age. Usually, patients will get better after the surgery, with no symptoms, but, at your age (90) it might difficult to schedule surgery. However, it all depends on the angiologist decision based on your physical examination and tests results. Take care! Dr.Klerida