Suggest treatment for swelling of the scalp following an accident

Hi, I met with an road accident in wich i got severe Head Injury i got swellin on my Brain Pls advise me wat to do....
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Swelling that is outside will resolve... Detailed Answer: Hi, From what I understand you would have developed an external swelling of the scalp following the accident. Scalp swelling is very common after a trauma. Blood gets accumulated to cause this swelling. It will resolve with time. You can apply ice on the affected area to stop its progress and help it resolve soon. I wouldn't be worried if you have no headache, nausea, vomiting and if you are very well conscious. However a CT scan is advised in case you develop any of the above symptoms in the next couple of days. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards