Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in the testicle after an accidental fall?

Three days ago I slipped, almost fell. In breaking the fall I spread my legs pretty far. The next day I noticed swelling in the right testicle which has gotten worse. For the past two days I've experienced swelling and pain in the testicle. Also when I urinate there has been an odd odor and also moderate pain. There is slight pain in the right abdomen as well. At night I position a rolled towel under the right testicle and it helps with the discomfort. Will this lessen on its own, or should I see a doctor?
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see doctor for this. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have seen patients with fall like yours getting injury of perineal structures and scrotum. Ideally it should be investigated for injury first.Doctor might want to get a ultrasound of the region and lower abdomen done. Sometimes injury and symptoms are disproportionate. Early treatment is always advised in such injuries. I am also worried about urethral injury looking at your urinary complains. I would strongly recommend a clinical evaluation for this. Meanwhile oral painkillers can help you with the pain. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in the testicle after an accidental fall? 23 hours later
I went to the ER today; had ultrasound and was diagnosed with Orchitis. Received anti-biotic injection and another for pain, (Demerol). Rx of Ciprofloxacin 500mg daily, and Hydrocodone-Ibuprofen 7.5-200 mg. Was advised to seek further treatment if temp rises to 102. Temp is staying around 98 but the swelling seems to be getting worse and testicle is extremely tender to touch. The injection for pain must be waning because it is as painful, if not more than before. I will take the Rx as prescribed and if no improvement overnight go to another ER tomorrow. I am not satisfied all could have been done today was. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thanks for letting me know the follow up. Detailed Answer: Also if swelling further increases you might have to get a repeat ultrasound done. Regards.