Suggest treatment for swelling and itching of wrist vein

I was trying to fix something and my hand slipped - now the vein in my wrist is swollen out (like a bump) and it's throbbing and itchy .i must have kinked the vein ? Should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: No worries for the moment,keep good care... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am sorry for the situation you are in. I advise to apply cold clothing to the bump area. Remember not to apply ice, only cold compresses for about a couple of days (i.e. today and tomorrow). Look for any local skin damage (injury, laceration or cut) at the bump area to properly clean and treat it. For the moment, there is nothing to be worried about. If the bump won't resolve within a couple of days, and you might feel pain or numbness, should consult an orthopedist to further evaluate joints and bones at the site of bump. Please keep the wrist immobilized for some days by applying elastic immobilization bandage you can easily find at a local drugstore. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!