Suggest treatment for swelling after a liposuction,tummy tuck

General Surgeon
I just had liposuction,tummy tuck and breast lift 5 days ago.I have a drain for the tummy tuck,but is there anything else I can do to help get rid of the swelling?It looks like I've put on 15 pounds.Also long before I can use something on my incisions and what is the best to use so that there is minimal scarring?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. No, you can not do anything for the swelling to go away. 5 days after a surgery it is very early. Any intense action can cause a bleeding as injured during surgery blood vessels have not healed yet. So you cant and you should not do anything with the swelling. Just let your body to fix it and do not disturb this process. You can use Mederma for scars healing. You should start it right after stitches removal and use it regularly for about 2-3 months. Please also note that scar tissue is partially created 3 months after surgery and gets rebuild year after the surgery. Any increased skin tension caused by you (like skin tension caused by lifting or other physical activity) in the first 3 months will cause scar more visible. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.