Suggest treatment for stuffy feeling in throat when suffering fro, tonsilitis

ENT Specialist
I was recovering from tonsillitis. While trying to eat split pea soup, I gaged causing me to take a deep breath and, thus, inhale some of the soup. I believe a small pea is stuck in my throat and when I try to clear it, it seems like the highest point the food goes is to the top of my mouth. This has been going on for almost two days. I'm getting a little anxious. Any suggestions?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: "stickiness" is due to tonsillitis, dont worry Detailed Answer: Hello, Please don't worry , it is highly unlikely that he pea has got stuck in your throat! It is most likely the swelling in your throat because of either tonsillitis or the forceful gagging that is causing the "sticky " sensation. As long as you are able to breathe well, I would not be concerned. Please try gargling with warm salt water 3-4 times a day and avoid spicy and hot food. If you are still concerned , then I would recommend you meet your ENT doctor for further advice and guidance. Thanks
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for stuffy feeling in throat when suffering fro, tonsilitis 1 hour later
The swelling went down. It still feels like a something small is lodged in.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: dont worry! it will come down! Detailed Answer: hello Don't worry! it will also disappear in some time There is one more possibility hat there may be a small ulcer due to the contact, which is giving you the feeling! Relax! Continue gargling, you will be fine by tomorrow! Regards