Suggest treatment for stomach irritation due to a stomach bug

General Surgeon
Hello! About 2 weeks ago I had a horrible stomach bug - 24 hours. Very violent vomiting. Once the stomach was we got to the bile stage, the bile would come out like a thing of jello. My concern was more arounf the black flecks that also were present. Now, two weeks later, I have this persistent upset stomach - rumbley, acidic, not quite nauseous feeling. I keep trying to eat bland things (thinking it will absorb the acid...) but it does not seem to go away. With the little black flecks in the back of my mind... i am becoming concerned that this is more than just a stomach healing from the 24 hour bug. Is this something I should be concerned with?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gastroscopy is necessary. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Most likely what has happen is a stomach irritation/inflammation due to a mentioned stomach bug. In simple words the food poisoning you have had could trigger peptic ulcer or stomach inflammation. Of course you should not ignore the symptoms you have. In rare cases such symptoms can appear due to a stomach cancer which needs to be ruled out at first. That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor, have blood work, abdominal ultrasound and gastroscopy. In a meanwhile you should avoid any coffee, alcohol, fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods, chocolate, orange juices. Please start probiotic intake. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.