Suggest treatment for spreading spots on stomach, back, clavicle and arms

Hi. I have a few spots on my skin and im not sure what it is. It started out as one on my stomach i just thought it was a dry skin spot but its starting to spread more on my stomach, back, and arms, even a little on my chest. I also have a weird spot near my clavicle that im not sure if its where it started or if its something else. Are you aware of what this can be ?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tinea versicolor. Topical antifungals miconazole. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I suspect it to be a fungal infection called Tinea Versicolor. It is fungus living in skin in almost all individuals. It is usually a spreading infection and appears during warm and humid weather and also when you have low immune system. You can use topical antifungals like miconazole, clotrimazole, and terbinafine to control the tinea. Usually this eliminates infection. Please follow these steps. Avoid using oily skin products. Reduce your exposure to the sun. Do not wear tight clothing. Wear breathable fabrics, such as cotton, to decrease sweating. Hope this helps.