Suggest treatment for spotting,swelling of ankles with cramps and constipation

Excellent
Question
have been off low dose prempro for a week after period like symptoms....a few days of light bleeding (stopped) swelling of ankles and abdomen remain....and cramps and constipation..\\ premarin helps with cramps but swelling continues,,,will it be reduced in time too?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly get a scan pelvis to know uterine problems Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I have analyzed your query completely, considering your present symptom it is wise decision to stop prempro. Presently you require a clinical evaluation, per-speculum examination and PAP smear. I also recommend to get scan pelvis to know the uterine problems like thickened endometrial lining. I also advise you to get some blood investigations like complete haemogram, renal function, because anaemia or renal problem could be a reason for swelling. So all the possibilities should be kept in mind. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for spotting,swelling of ankles with cramps and constipation 10 minutes later
is there anything here that I couldn't wait until Monday afternoon for? and which possibilit

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: wait if no breating or chest discomfort. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You need to visit your doctor urgently if you have any associated symptoms like breathing difficulty or chest pain. Otherwise you can wait till Monday. Most importantly you need a scan which can be postponed for some time. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for spotting,swelling of ankles with cramps and constipation 3 minutes later
I tried to write,,,is there anything here which couldn't wait until monday afternoon for....and does pelvic area concern you most and could that cause swelling....or do I need to call emergency room? if it were an pelvic problem...what would shortness of breath indicate?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Personall I fell you can wait till monday. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Any pelvic mass can cause swelling in the lower limb area, but there is nothing urgent. Personally I feel you can wait till monday. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!