Suggest treatment for spike in BP after missing a dosage od BP tablet

Hello Dr, I have Diabetes and BP. Taking medicines regularly. Today I missed my BP tabs- Inditel H and Amlodoc 5mg. I took a BP reading now at 6pm and it shows 134/100. What should I do? Regards XXXX
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take the medicine now Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. I think you are taking both medicines in the morning and you missed the morning dose. 134/100 is not a very high blood pressure and will come down with amlodec alone. Take an amlodec 5 mg now and check your blood pressure again in 1 hour and again before sleeping. If it is controlled well and good, otherwise you will need to take Inditel-H as well. Sleeping and relaxing also helps in lowering blood pressure. From tomorrow continue the usual morning dose of both medicines. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for spike in BP after missing a dosage od BP tablet 47 minutes later
Hello Dr. I just got my BP checked again (without taking any meds). It is 140/90. Shall I just continue my medication from tomorrow morning as usual? I do not have any facility to check BP at home. regards
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Amlodoc can be taken two times a day Detailed Answer: Hi again, Amlodoc can be taken two times a day and it usually helps reduce the blood pressure by 20 points. Even the H component (hydrochlorthiazide) of Inditel-H can be taken two times a day. Since you have been prescribed three medicines, I am assuming that your blood pressure must have been more than 170/105 at the start of medicines. A sudden discontinuation of medicine may result in XXXXXXX rise in blood pressure (though in you it does not seem to rise a lot). Rather be safe and take one of the three medicines. Take Amlodoc. Regards. Dr Vaishalee