Suggest treatment for sore throat

Hi, am having a sore throat (smog in Mumbai?) since yesterday. No fever or any other symptom. Taking Gebadine gargle in hot water. Any other medicine recommended?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Levocetrizine should be taken. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. I appreciate that you have already told that you have no fever , else i would have asked you!! It means you are aware. Good. Smog leads to reactive airway inflammation , which causes throat irritation. It's good you are doing gargles. I recommend 2 more things to do as follows: 1. Steam inhalation 4 times a day. 2. Anti Histaminics and Anti Allergic Drugs Like Levocetrizine 5 mg once a day for 3 days. You will get relieved in 3-5 days. Again avoid exposure to Smog. You may use a mask or handkerchief to avoid exposure when out in open. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sore throat 29 minutes later
Any specific time for taking Levocetrizine 5mg ?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Night Time is Preferred. Detailed Answer: Levocetrizine can be taken at any time of the day. However , we advise to take it at night before you go to sleep , as a few people feels sleepy on taking it. So , take it in night time. if you don't have a further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it!!