Suggest treatment for sore throat

My son is complaining of a sore throat. When I look back in his throat with a flashlight I see little red spots. Would this be part of a virus or something I should be concerned about?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Mostly sore throat is viral in nature. I suggest you to -give acetaminophen for pain relief -saline gargles 2 to 3 times a day will be helpful. -give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet. -give lemon tea . -watch for any other symptom like fever or cough and in case symptoms petsist after 48hours get him examined by pediatrician as bacterial infection needs to be ruled out for which course of antibiotic will be required. Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any other question I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless...