Suggest treatment for sore frenulum

I recently had abdominal surgery under general anesthesia and now have a very sore lower lip frenulum. What can I do to ease the soreness.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, take some pain medications. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this sore frenulum.The best thing to do would be to take anti-inflammatory drugs that would reduce the soreness and relief the pains. I will propose a combination of Tylenol and Ibuprofen if these are medications you have taken before and are safe to you. It would take approximately 2days before you notice significant change in this soreness. However, the pains would be immediately relieved after the first dose. If you have difficulties figuring out the exact dosage of these drugs, ask the pharmacist at the counter and confirm with me if there are any doubts. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.