Suggest treatment for sore calf

my daughter was kicked in calf, her calf is very sore, can not put pressure on the leg
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Xray of the leg and a local examination by GP Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to healthcare Magic! The calf is surrounded by many muscles and two underlying bones namely the tibia and fibula. The fibula can easily get fractured if the kick came from outer side and it can cause considerable pain and swelling. Another important possibility is soft tissue injury or hematoma. An Xray of the affected leg will rule out the fracture and you should get examined by a local GP or orthopedician for the later two possibilities and there treatment. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sore calf 11 minutes later
what are the signs of a torn calf muscle and what is the best treatment
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 28 hours later
Brief Answer: follow advise, rest Detailed Answer: Hi Boston.... Welcome back. The torn calf is manifest by swelling pain and tenderness in the local area. Best thing to do is to follow the advise of your local doctor once you get assessed. If mild degree then rest and pain killers will be all that is needed. If injured severely then may need repair. I hope that helps.