Suggest treatment for sleep apnea

I could not go to sleep in a recent "Sleep Test", but do not feel trying again will change the non-conclusive result. I have used a "Virtuox Pulse Oximeter" and it shows an average SpO2 of 92.1%(used 4 nights) . And a Minimum SpO2 less than 90% over 1 % of the time. I am considering buying the CPAP breathing equipment. Thus I would be assuming that I have Sleep Apnea. Is this assumption not worth the $1100 I would spend for the CPAP equipment?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You will benefit from CPAP. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thank you very much for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW for your health query. I have carefully studied your query and understand your concern. Minimum SPO2 of less than 90% over 1% time does mean that you have some mild sleep apnea and in my opinion you will benefit from using a CPAP to support ventilation at night and I think it will be worth spending that much money as that will improve the quality of life and sleep for sure. You will be more alert during the day, which means you can be more productive as well. I hope this answers your query, please feel to write back to me if you further concerns. Wishing you happy sleeping and good health. Warm regards.