Suggest treatment for simple schizophrenia

my name is XXXXXXX and im 39, when i was 30 i was given speed, for two years i had to much, and then i completely stoped my conscious mind completely went silent, i can see and here thats all. iv been in and out of psych units no medication has helped. im hanging on by a thread. neuro psychs have said im not psychotic. something in my brain has gone wrong. all i can tell you is this that my mind went completelt silent, i need help desperately. i do brain exercises, my psychologist desperately wants me to see a neurologist. its a freak incident, i feel nothing mentally,i am physically healthy, im 5,7 and 65kg, but my mind is completely silent. i have 4 kids and they now live with their dad, whilst i live with my parents cause i have no thoughts , no memories no beliefs ideas nothing. i beg you to please help me. im seeing a hypnotist, iv been anti psychotics for 7 years and im not getting well. its not deppresion, its not psychosis, all i know is my mind shut down. please i cant continue like this. thankyou, tash
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clarificarions Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1. Do you have sad XXXXXXX of mood, reduced interest in work, hopelessness, worthlessness, suicidal thoughts? 2. Dis you ever have auditory hallucinations, fearfullness, suspiciousness? 3. Any family history of psychiatric illness? 4. Other than speed, what other drugs have you tried? 5. What are your current medicines? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for simple schizophrenia 50 minutes later
No records of family mental illness, and i too was mentaly sound prior to drugs and i have a degree in nursing. I used exctasy, ice and, speed, dope. Never touched drugs untill i was 30 and out with friends to celebrate, and then got very caught up in the drug use but after a couple of years i stoped and that is when my mind went completely blank. i woke up and felt nothing any more, my son held me as i cried as i had no sensation any more, like my conscious brain shut down. And as a result i no longer can think for my self which means im limited in all activities of daily living i can do so myself. Never had i suffered and illness before i would have my children and take them home 4 hours after giving birth. i would go to the gym play netball, hang out with other mums and kids. i was happy and healthy, im vegetarian have been for 30 years and so are my 4 kids. all i can say is i felt my mind go. and ever since i can and see and hear. sleeping is hard, you stare at the wall with complete nothing. when i was well i cared for my babies, bought a house, got a degree, worked nearly all over my country. but after stopping use of drugs my mind went completely silent. i have tried nearly all anti psychotic drugs, and nothing is working, presently i am on quaitpamine to help me sleep. My psychologist wants me to see a neurologist and im seeing a hypnotherapist. ill do anything to be well and able to live again. every minute is the XXXXXXX complete nothing. thank you for showing interest in my case. i appreciate with all my heart what ever you thing will help me. yours trully tash brow
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for simple schizophrenia 1 minute later
ps no mood disorders i feel completely nothing, i see and hear, but i do understand and i do dream. thankyou
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 30 hours later
Brief Answer: Simple schizophrenia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for all the add on information. I understand that you have developed complete blunting of emotions and thoughts after you had an exposure the drugs. I understand that you dont experience any moods either sadness or happiness. That you are totally dependent and living an aimless life. These symptoms point to the onset of a diagnosis called simple schizophrenia. I understand that you have tried some anti psychotics but were unlucky to find any good response. To the patients who come to my clinic I generally prefer giving them amisulpiride. This is an old antipsychotic but very useful in the cases like yours. Its unlikely that you have suffered any neurological damage cause of the drugs. Its simply that many times psychiatric illnesses are exacerbated with drugs. Taking amisulpiride for a long time will certainly help in reducing your symptoms. Further you may continue your mind exercises. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for simple schizophrenia 23 hours later
hi and thankyou, iv read heaps on schizophrenia and unsure how this relates to me, i felt my mind go all muddled and then completely silent, no memories, no ideas, no inner dialogue nothing. medication doesnt do anything. i dont feel paronoid, no delusions of grandier, no hallucinations, i just feel no internal dialogue, i only see and hear what is around me. my mind feels nothing, my mind i felt drift from weird thoughts i heard a huge crack in my head, and then everyone looked transparent, i thought my brain was dripping into my throat and then my mind went completely silent. and no medication has worked, ect didnt work, my mri was clear. i swim every day, and do brain exercises iv spent years so sick.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Simple schizophrenia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the add on information. I was mentioning about the possibility of you having a "simple schizophrenia" . Its a subtype of schizohrenia which doesnt have the typical delusions or hallucinations etc. What you do have in simple schizophrenia is having an aimless life with no emotions or motivations or moods. No thoughts and complete blank. Thats what you have. Amisulpiride should still be a good drug of choice. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for simple schizophrenia 14 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX i trully appreciate your help, i visited my doctor today and asked for prescription for amisulpiride, unfortunately my doctor would not give it to me. He said only with a letter from a specialist like your self. i told him i saw you because if i told him it was from the internet he wouldnt take me seriously. Iv been sick for so long i have had enough, i have fought so long to be well, to think, to have ideas, memories, and most of all my children and a loving patner. I dont know if you can send an email to my doctor, thats all he needs, or send me the medication and i pay you. im giving up, im done, i stuffed up having the drugs, and i have payed for 6 years for it, in a world of nothing, pure silence for so long. i do cry cause i know that im unable to get well. im not responding to medication, ECT, therapy and hypnosis. I begd the doctor for the medication you suggested but without a letter to say i need it he wont give it to me. iv tried my best but i have trully had enough. iv come to terms with what iv done that im not getting well , and my life is over, i trully did try. i dont know what to do. thankyou
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 10 hours later
Brief Answer: My letter wont work for you Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for the follow up. My letter wont help you in any way. Every country has their own lisencing and as I am not lisenced to practice in your country my advice wont be helping you in getting the medicines. But if you still need it and if at all it can be of help to you, you can send me a request at my email ID YYYY@YYYY . Regarding providing you drugs directly, I dont think it would be wise to take the medicines without the knowledge of your treating psychiatrist. I still feel that amisulpiride may help you. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy. MD