Suggest treatment for shortness of breath and asthma attacks

Cardiologist
Question
I am currently taking Coumadin for a Rt lung embolism. Recently I am experiencing shortness of breath, asthmas attacks that are waking me up at night. I take my Symbicort inhaler BID and find that I am in need of my ProAir inhaler on a routine bases. Even though I am walking approx. 2 miles a day the more I walk the more the shortness of breath occurs. Now I am experiencing extreme water retention that is not relieved by Lasix. Especially at my ankles, fingers and feet. Yet I am very cautious about my sodium intake. I have an abnormal EKG. And a history of having my artery in my heart cleaned out and no stent was put in. Yet my cloresteral is always within normal range. My skin above my ankles has a red rash. Do you have any suggestions what this might be?
Posted Tue, 9 Dec 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sign&symptoms are typical for corpulmonale...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX and thank you for asking!

Your sign and symptoms are typical for corpulmonale. I recommend to do the following examinations:
- ECG
- Cardiac ECHO
- Chest x ray
- Ct angiography (for heart and lungs)
- Pulmonary function tests

This examinations will help for a better evaluation of heart and lungs.

If you were my patient I would suggest to increase the doses of diuretics and potentiate the treatment.

Hope this was of help!
Dr. Benard