Suggest treatment for severe plantar fasciitis

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi , Since last 2 years I am suffering with severe plantar fasciitis , both the heels pain a lot ... Please tell me preferred line of treatment
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Explained below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your symptoms there is possibility of calcaneal spur along with plantar fasciitis. It is advisable to wear low heel shoe to maintain centre of gravity of whole body. Shoe/footwear should be with soft sole. You can use silicon pad insoles. You may need x ray heel to see bony overgrowth. Start plantar exercises consulting physiotherapist also Physiotherapy like TENS and ultrasound will help. Take calcium supplement with vit D. If no relief with this line of treatment then local injection shot can give pain relief for longer duration. Last modality is minimally invasive surgery to release inflamed tissue. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.