Suggest treatment for severe headaches

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I WAS SHOT IN THE LEFT FACE , BLINDING MY LEFT EYE AND LODGING A BULLET IN MY LEFT TEMPEROL LOBE CAUSING UNBELIEVABLY EXCRUTIATING MIAGRAINE HEADACHES . IV'E TRIED HYDROCODONE, CODENE 4 FIORESETAND MANY OTHER PAIN RELIEVERS BUT TO NO AVAIL . THE ONLY THING THAT COMES CLOSE TO THIS UNBEARABLE PAIN IS OXY
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Neurotropic medication like pregabalin or amitrypt Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case with diligence, You are suffering from pain due to neural component compression or irritation. You may need to remove the irritant if possible, Only pain killers will not give pain relief, you may need to take neurotropic medication like pregabalin or amitryptiline consulting your doctor. Vitamin B12 is important in the maintenance of health and normal functioning of the nerve tissue and deficiency of it can lead to neurotransmission abnormality. You can increase B12 level by taking meat and fish, or you can take Inj methylcobalamine 1500 mcg alternate day. [6 doses] Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.