Suggest treatment for severe buttock pain after accidental fall?

Fell and landed on my right bumm cheek. I have full ROM and no pain on weight bearing. I do however experience significant pain while lying supine and relaxing my hips, if I keep some tension in my hips it doesn't hurt. Prone there is no pain.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No worries for now. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, From your description, I really do not think there is something very major to bother about. I do think you might just need to avoid the positions that aggravate the pain. Taking a simple pain killer as you go to bed, in case of immense pain, like Acetaminophen could he helpful. Worries should only be raised in case the pain persists, worsens or you begin experiencing symptoms you have not experienced before like breathing difficulties, abdominal pain or new onset crackles at bone level. No worries as I urge to wait patiently, but being watchful. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel free asking any follow up questions in case of need. I shall be honored making my hu8mble contributions. Kind regards. Dr Bain