Suggest treatment for severe bouts of diarrhea while treating IBS

Question
I am taking Questran 1 packet daily for ibs d. I've been on it for one month with great success. today I had a very bad bout of diarrhea. my gastroenterologist said I can increase the daily dosage to 2 packets if needed. My question is: Can I take them together daily?
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can!

Detailed Answer:

You can take both packets at the same time. Another option is to split into two. But with just 2packets daily, there is really no reason to get worried that much splitting into multiple daily intakes.

I wish you well. Keep me posted and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe bouts of diarrhea while treating IBS 1 minute later
would you recommend taking the 2 packets together? I also take Cymbalta and the Dr said to take questran 2 hours after eating (9:00 PM) and then take the Cymbalta in the morning.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can take both at the same time!

Detailed Answer:

I will suggest you take both together and stick to the 2hours after taking other medications.

I wish you well.