Suggest treatment for severe anxiety followed by chest discomfort

I recently was unfaithful, (Not phycially but more emotionally with my husband's friend. They no longer speak and I am in a state of panic and anxiety, (which I suffer from anyway)..this triggered my anxiety and it is centralized in the core of my chest and stomach. My husband and I spoke, he was angry but forgiving. I am seeing a therapist but now i think i fear the anxiety feelings more..which I have experienced before, I know they will go away and learned strategies, but at the moment am struggling.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: you may try OTC drugs like lansoprazole Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXXXXX Sorry to see you troubled. Your typical state of guilt can pose significant stress on mind which responds by signalling excess hormones over your gut, leading to chest discomfort. As you are already seeing a therapist, your anxiety component will be taken care of. For your chest pain, you may try OTC drugs like lansoprazole or rabeprazole 20 mg once a day. Beta blockers like propronolol (40-80 mg/day) also helps you in counteracting those somatic symptoms, but you need a prescription for that. Feel free to post back should you require any further assistance. All the best.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe anxiety followed by chest discomfort 18 hours later
Thank you...I am already on Prozac which helps however I am going to try to beat this without any more meds. Klonopin at night to help sleep. Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate your time and help..:) All the best, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: all the best. Detailed Answer: Thanks for the token of appreciation. All the best.