Suggest treatment for seizures due to asphyxia and brain damage

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
hi i am Latha. just now i asked question regarding my daughters seizures.i send my question from my tab .now i am on my desktop and i will pay money.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont give up hope Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writingto health care magic. From your daughters history she seems to have had significant birth asphyxia and brain damage. Do upload the mri report to help us understand better. Kids with birth asphyxia usually have seizures and sometimes these may be difficult to control. Seizure medicines by themselves can cause delayed development. It's like double edged weapon You need to decrease seizure medicines if she was seizure free for the past 2 years. Try getting blood levels of these medicines to see if you are giving too much. Continue therapies. Wishing your daughter good health. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for seizures due to asphyxia and brain damage 6 minutes later
At present she is suffering with seizures.there is no chance to decrease medicines ,we are using Encoratechrono 700mg and levipil 750mg morning and evening Oxetol xr 450mg at bedtime Zolfresh 5 mg, respidon 1mg at bed time. Still she is suffering .thats why we dont know what to do Should we change drugs. Any suggession from neurologists. If possible we will upload MRI in report today night. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Arun 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Surgery can be an option... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX As a pediatrician, I have been managing seizures in children for many year now. And as your daughter seems to have sustained asphyxia at birth it is likely the cause of recurring seizure. She already is on 3 anticonvulsant drugs however the seizures are still not controlled. If the drug levels tested in the blood is normal, one option is surgery for refractory epilepsy. It helps in rare cases. But before planning surgery she needs to be evaluation by a neurologist and pediatrician who is trained in this. Very few centers like Apollo and global do it. If possible you can visit one of these centre and discuss about your daughters concerns. Hope this helps. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for seizures due to asphyxia and brain damage 12 hours later
Thank you for your suggestion.
Answered by Dr. Arun 11 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: Welcome