Suggest treatment for seizures caused by withdrawing previous medications
User rating for this question
I am having seizures since I had an abrubt halt in previous medications. I was taking Valium, Abilify, Neurontin, Trazadone and 2 OTC sleep aids. Now I am on Neurontin, Geodon (ceased Monday), Klonapin (ceased Monday again by ER doc, Celexa, Restoril and Congentin. I have n/v, slurring of speech, chewing, left side of face droops during seizure, burning and tingling in arms, staring and jerking movements. Low grade fever 99.4. Frequent uriniation, but normal Urine. Chest x ray clear. CT scan clear. Bloodwork normal.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Seizures are related to drug withdrawal Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your complaints and the current medication list. The seizures in your case are related to sudden medication withdrawal. Therefore, you need anti-seizure medications for shorter duration. The current medications seem to be fine. If seizures persist, you may get MRI brain and EEG tests done to rule out other causes of seizures and epilepsy. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
People also viewed
- Ringing in your ears caused by temporal lobe contusion
- Suggest treatment for stress seizures
- Is muscle aches a side effect of rocephin?
- Is skin rash a side effect of robaxin-750?
- Catamenial epilepsy and ms
- Cavernous angioma seizure after eating
- Treatment and cure for withdrawal seizure
- Suggest treatment for eye bruise caused after a seizure
- Epilepsy and shooting crystal meth side effects
- Is feeling cold a side effect of revlimid?
- Best diet to lose weight on epilim
- Is dizziness a side effect of rivaroxaban?
- Is joint pain a side effect of ritalin-sr?
- Suggest treatment for seizures caused by withdrawing previous medications
- Suggest treatment for clonic seizure