Suggest treatment for scar removal

Dermatologist
Question
I have 3 scars similar to these on my arm from a previous surgury and as the picture shows i scar very easily, cosmetic wise is there anything that can be done about this?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Sun Burn

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: anti scar creams Detailed Answer: Hello Scars can be removed by using creams or LASERS, as well as surgically. I can see your skin is bit atrophied in the scar area. In such case creams will help you much better . allium and silicon based creams are available. Some of these are contratubex, vaniza, scarnil. Buy any of these and apply twice daily. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for scar removal 54 minutes later
What does atrophy mean in relation to scars? Also im in the US and have never heard of those creams, would a laser be better since my surgeon thinks thats therees scar tissues deeper than the visible scar.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: you can go for LASER Detailed Answer: Hello, Scars can be of two types. 1. Atrophied, where the skin is wrinkled and depressed, as in your case. 2. Hypertrophic, where the skin is thick and raised. The creams I mentioned, contain silicon. It might be available with a different name in your country. Yes, you can go for LASER. Usually I advice creams first and if there is no response then LASER. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you,

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for scar removal 33 minutes later
I have tried creams but i think in my case i have both types of scars for its thick in the center

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer: go for LASERS Detailed Answer: Hello Please go for LASERS. It is effective against both type of scars and gives faster response also. Only consideration it cost of treatment. Hence we suggest creams first. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for scar removal 3 hours later
Awesomethank you

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome