Suggest treatment for scalp allergy caused by hair colour

I am 61 yrs old male. I have been using hair color XXXXXXX of Revlon brand since 30 years. Now suddenly, I have started to have allergy on scalp. I have tried changing hair XXXXXXX brand with ammonia free XXXXXXX of Garnier and Loreal brand but still I am having severe allergy on my scalp. I need a solution so that I can color my hair. please suggest.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Ppd free hair XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . You seem to be developing allergy to the use of hair color. I would like to tell you that the allergy causing agent in hair dyes is not ammonia but it is ppd. Now this agent is universally present in all the chemical hair dyes which is the reason why you are developing allergy even to the ammonia free products. There are certain organic dyes which are free of this allergy causing agent ppd. One of these is Vegetal hair XXXXXXX This is probably the only available hair XXXXXXX which is free of ppd and hence least likely to cause any allergy. You can ask your nearby pharmacy for this product but if it is not available, then you can even buy it online. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for scalp allergy caused by hair colour 4 hours later
Thanks for your detailed reply. Is there need to test it before use. Allergy has affect on my scalp only where it was applied.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Usage test can be done Detailed Answer: Hi again There is very less chance that this XXXXXXX should cause any problems. But still you can do a small usage test by applying a small amount behind the ear one day before using it over rest of the scalp. In case there is no redness itching or oozing for a day following application, you can go forward with its usage. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for scalp allergy caused by hair colour 37 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. For your information, I have visited website There are other warnings of similar chemicals like PPD, PTD , TPD etc. It is also mentioned that though it is mentioned on product "PPD free" but other similar chemicals in shape of TPD is available which is also equally damaging. I hope Vegetal hair XXXXXXX does not contain such similar chemicals.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chemical free XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hi again In my clinical experience , this XXXXXXX has been allergy free in most of my patients. That is why I recommend this to my patients with similar problems.It is an organic XXXXXXX and is chemical free. But to be on the safer side, I would advise you to test it before use. Dr Geetika Paul