Suggest treatment for ringworm

Monday evenjng i was feeling unwell and was sick. I then noticed this circle ring on my leg which has if anythjng got bigger in the last 5 days. Its sometimes itchy with red dots in the center kf the circle as well as various others outside of it. Could it ve ring worm or somethjng else? Can i put anything on it?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief looks like a ringworm. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. I have seen the photograph sent by you and feel that it is definitely a ringworm which is a fungal infection. The treatment is local application of antifungal ointment like CLOTRIMAZOLE 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days. CLOTRIMAZOLE is an OTC product and easily available. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for ringworm 1 minute later
As well as this i also have very yellow townails clild this be related to the fungal infection? If so can the cream be applied to nails too? Thanks If it is also fungal is there not a pill i can take onstead of cream to stop the infection comig up anywhere else? Sp that i dont get another rinf worm? Is it contagious? If i cant take a pill can i apply the same xream to the toe nails also? Thanks for all your help
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later
Hello, It could be a fungal infection of toenails but I would be able to tell you better if you could send the pictures of those toenails. I have seen the photograph sent by you and it definitely looks like toe nail fungal infection. It is definitely contagious. You have also got it from somebody. You can use the same antifungal cream as ypu are using for your skin,although toenail infection may take many month to clear. Sometimes one has to take oral pills also,if it doesnt get treated by local cream. You can also use an antifungal nail lacquer which is easily available as OTC product at pharmacies. Thanks