Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis

my wife has really bad rhematoid arthritis, suffering from last 4years now
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Require further details Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query. I understand your appreciate your concern for your mother. But to help you better I need more details : 1. Since how long your mother suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis. 2. How was it diagnosed. 3. Any joint deformities? 4. Any investigations if done please share 5. Any treatment if taken please share. I would be able to help you better with these details. Stay Healthy.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis 15 hours later
1. My wife has arthritis since last 4-5 years 2. mainly Ayurvedic treatments, which at one time showed some good results but now for the last 02 years its gone worse 3. No deformmities as yet 4. RA factor tested, last count was 98 as against normal of 12, there is some BP fluctuation as well 5. Now the pain has gone worse and to counter that pain she is taking SUMO which could be harmful but can't find an alternate to counter pain
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. R Factor is positive with pain in small joints , this means she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. I advice you following more investigations : 1. ESR 2. CRP 3. Hemogram. 4. Anti-CCP Antibody. 5. X-Ray Chest In my patients with RA, I advise following : 1. Tab HCQS 100 mg once daily. 2. Tab Etoricoxib 90 mg once a day. 3. Tab Ranitidine 150 mg twice daily. 4. Steroids might be required if the disease activity is severe. 5. Monoclonal Antibodies are new advance in this field , but costly affair. You should discuss with your doctor about my opinion. I am sure he will agree to my opinion. I won't suggest you to go for ayurvedic treatment for this. Also , i won't recommend taking Sumo , as it contains Nimuselide which can cause liver damage. I hope i am able to help you. If you don't have a further query, you may please close the discussion and rate it.