Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain

I have had RA., for 11 yrs., now and my pain med Endocet isn't working as well as it did. I hav to take it more frequently for the same effect . If I take a different kind for awhile will the endocet work like it did when I first started taking it ?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: review again Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have confirm RA, endocet is not the right treatment- it is just a pain killer. You need DMARDs- that is disease modifying antirheumatic drugs. I advise you to see a rheumatologist as soon as possible for full evaluation Regards Dr Alok
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain 21 minutes later
Yes my RA has been confirmed. I have tried methotrexate, and humira, unfortunately the side effects were almost worse then the disease. I live 4 hrs away from nearest medical help. I live in remote area in northern Ab. It's just not feasible for me to see a specialist like I kno I should. The winters here make it impossible for travel. It's -40 at this moment. I rely on pain meds so I can keep moving to chop wood to heat my home and to shoot wolves and coyotes that bother my sled dogs. I see my Dr every spring and get a yrs supply of my pain med to last the winter. I kno I sound uneducated and in the dark ages, but it is what it is. I need advice on pain meds that will work longer so I don't hav to take as much. Please and thankyou.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: many painkillers Detailed Answer: Hi If you're unable to take methotrexate, still there are many medicines like leflumomide, hydroxycholoquinine, sulfasalazine etc can try any one of them. You must remember that pain killer are not the answer of RA. Still if you want painkillers- you can try naprosyn, etoricoxib etc after discussing with the your doctor
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain 9 minutes later
Thankyou for your time, I guess the answer is to move closer to civilization. I will speak with my Dr. , at spring breakup.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: most welcome take care