Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection

hi i am 29 years of age my name is charlene, and my symptoms are. Shortness of breath, slightly raised temperature,dizzy, nausea lips really dry. and my urine has a really strong smell. could you please tell what i should do.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: I need further details. Can be an infection. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Before giving any further comments I would like to know the following : 1. Since when are you having this problem? As my opinion would be totally based on your duration of symptoms. 2. Any History of burning micturation? 3. Any cough with expectoration? 4. Any wheezing? 5. Any Breathlessness on lying down? This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection 5 minutes later
i have been like this since Monday the 34th February. I am fairly wheezy, yes i cannot breath when i am laid down flat. i am also coughing, when i cough phlegm up there is dry blood in it.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Respiratory Tract Infection is most likely. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. It seems you have caught up an infection, as you are a diabetic , so , you are prone to it. Infection is probably of Respiratory Tract. But since you have foul smelling urine , it can also be simultaneously of Urinary Tract. I would advice you following : 1. Chest Xray 2. Hemogram 3. Urine routine microscopy and culture. 4. Arterial Blood Gas Analysis. 5. Blood Sugar Levels. Your Diabetes should be well controlled during an infection. Since you have Asthma also , a prompt treatment should be taken , as an infection can precipitate attack of Bronchial Asthma. I usually give ask my patients with same presentations for these tests and after the samples have been take, start them on following drugs : 1. Antibiotics Like Augmentin , Azithromycin , Levofloxacin. 2. Anti histaminic like Levocetrizine. 3. Codeine containing cough syrup to prevent further Hemoptysis. Since you had blood in sputum (hemoptysis) , i would advise you to get medical attention soon , in order to prevent massive hemoptysis , that can be fatal. If a person has hemoptysis , i don't prefer to advice continuing inhalers being used for Asthma , until and unless , Spasm is moderate to severe. This is my best possible online advise for you. Please take a medical help now , share my opinion with your doctor , i am sure he/she will agree to this and would give you best medical care to make you healthy and smiling once again soon. If you have a further query , please ask me , else you may close the discussion and rate it.