Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in children

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor, My 13 months old son, is having cough and congestion, which is making him cranky due to less sleep. At present I am giving him Antrim Tart 30 ( homeo pathy) since 1 day but there is no signs of improvement. We are travelling tomorrow ( 26 hours journey by train ) so I am looking some syrup or medication that can help my son. Thank you, XXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Syrup Ascoril D will be helpful Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX Respiratory tract infection in children are usually self limiting and requires symptomatic treatment. I would suggest the following which will definitely help your son while travelling 1. Syrup Ascoril D 2.5 ml thrice a day will be helpful for cough and congestion 2. Syrup Augmentin Duo 25/ kg/ dose twice a day for 5 days. 3. I would also suggest you to carry the Decoction of following in thermo flask: 3 cups of milk+ 20 leaves of tulsi+ 6 black pepper+ 4 gm of ginger + 2 spoon turmeric, bring It to boil and filter it. Also add sugar to taste. Feed him warm with wait and spoon while travelling in train. It will help in reducing throat congestion. Also carry calpol syrup which will be helpful in case fever occurs. Do get back to Me anytime you need any further assistance. Will be available 24×7 Wishing your son speedy recovery. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon