Suggest treatment for recurring hernia

I have another hernia. This will be the third one. The first two times were done laparscopically, But it keep coming back. I try to abide by the no lifting rules but it keeps coming back. The same doctor will be doing the surgery but I want it done asap. He is leaving the state in a few days and my BSN wife is leaving the third week in Feb. He wont be able to do anything until March. Should I wait? It's not painful and Im not working but want to go back to work assoon as poss. after recovery. THANKS. I quess I should just wait; but the other thing that I am uncomfortable with is: he wants to just do it out patient- same day surgery. He did say he will find a way to keep me over night if I insist. I think I should insist, don't you?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would opt to wait. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with healthcare magic! Here is my opinion on the matter. I would say you can wait until march since this is an elective procedure and you are not in any pain from the hernia. You would want to do this procedure on everyone's optimal time. You don't want to do it and do recovery while your Surgeon is away, if something bad comes up after the surgery then you would want your surgeon to be able to attend to you. I feel it will be safer for everyone involved that way. Lap hernia is done as an outpatient surgery nowadays but If you feel you are not comfortable having it done as outpatient then by all means you can insist of staying overnight and being discharge the next day. We usually do it as an outpatient to save costs other than that there is no other reason not to admit you for observation post operation. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurring hernia 25 minutes later
Thank you for the advise. That is exactly what I had thought. Best regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your very welcome. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX your very welcome and thank you also. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA