Suggest treatment for recurring heat boils

I am getting heat boils very frequently ,not sure what is the reason ,have taken blood test a month back ,no sugar no BP but not sure why I am facing this issue. Please help me in this regard.How can I perevent this
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recurrent furunculosis Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Welcome to healthcare magic. You seem to be having a condition called as Recurrent furunculosis. This is an infection of the hair follicle and its surrounding tissue. It is commonly caused by a bacteria called as staphylococcus and is common in hairy areas of the body. It is very common in hot and humid weather conditions. You could do the following to reduce the frequency of boils and prevent new boils- 1. A pus swab has to be taken (by a dermatologist) to be sent for culture and sensitivity testing. This will give us an idea about the exact species of bacteria and to what antibiotic it is sensitive to. 2. If you have not taken any antibiotics so far, you could take a course of oral Cloxacillin or Cephalexin for 5-7 days. 3. You could apply an antibiotic cream containing 2% Mupirocin ( eg - T. Bact cream) thrice a day on the boils for 7 -10 days. 4. If the boils are recurrent, the bacteria tends to form colonies in areas of the body like nostrils, around anal orifice (where you pass stools), belly button(umbilicus) and underarms. These areas are called as "carrier sites". Apply 2 % mupirocin cream twice a day for 5 consecutive days in a month on these sites after bath and at bedtime for 3-4 months. This will eradicate the colonies of bacteria thereby reducing the frequency of boils. eg- If you apply the cream on 21st - 25 th of february, repeat it on the same 5 days in March, April, May and XXXXXXX 5. You will also benefit from taking Vitamin C tablets 500 mg ( e.g. - T. Limcee) twice a day for 2 month. 6. You will also benefit from taking multivitamins like Cap. Becosules-Z once a day for 2 months. These will improve your immunity. 8. Use a soap containing Triclosan for bath ( e.g.- Medsoap). 7. Wear loose fitting garments and keep the area dry. With these measures, I am sure you will find relief to your problem. Hope this helps you. Take care. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko