Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for recurring UTI

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have previous history of recurrence UTI. I am continuously under treatment of fortis hospital XXXXXXX
During infection my prostrate size incresed due to infection after consuming proper antibiotic size of prostrate gland became normal. PSA is also normal. As routine check I was advised to test USG KUB and Urine routine.
Report of USG KUB reveals that prostrate weighs 26 gms.(40X37X31)mm appx.
Residual urine is only 7 ml.
Kidney sizes are 99mm right and 97 mm left.
Impression is prominent prostrate .
I am now 54.
I am not feeling any discomfort .
Is my prostrate enlarged?
kindly advice me.
Thanks,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted Fri, 17 Feb 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PYou have minimal enlarged Prostate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank for query .
I have gone through our previous thread of discussion on your long standing problems and noted that you had Bladder Neck Obstruction which was treated wit Bladder Neck Incision .

Your recent reports are almost within normal limits ,The size of Prostate in normal individual ranges from 20-22 gms .Hence a size of prostate 26 gms that you have should be considered as mild enlargement which is normal at the age of 54 and not to be worried for .

If you are still taking Flotral ,continue taking it .It will help to improve your urine flow .

There is nothing much to be done .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr,Patil.