Suggest treatment for raw and peeling penis

The skin on my penis is peeling. Gets kind of raw during sex and then peels. Does not heal and stays very
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: More information and pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Now from the description that you have provided , it is very difficult to make out the exact problem that you are having. I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can reach a diagnosis . Please click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page . You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul . Also please tell since when are you having this problem? Is there any associated pain or itching? Any whitish discharge? Is it recurrent in nature or is the problem always there? Are you taking any medicines? If yes, which all on regular basis? What are you applying over the penile region?any topical medicines? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and pictures . Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for raw and peeling penis 5 hours later
Sent picture to Dr. Pauls attention. There is some pain, from chafing. No discharge. Always there and spreading. I take Hyzaar for hypertension. I apply Aveeno moisturizer, several times, daily. Embarrassing.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Psoriasis over penis, biopsy for confirmation Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached picture . You seem to have developed a fixed lesion over the penile region. It does not seem to be associated with any std though. It's appearance is like a psoriatic lesion. You should apply a mild topical steroid cream like cortisone over the affected area twice a day . You should use it for atleast seven days . If in case the lesion still tends to persist, then you might have to see a local dermatologist for confirmation of the diagnosis and a skin biopsy may be required. Dr Geetika Paul