Suggest treatment for rashes on neck

Sir Today my 10 month old baby was given oral polio drops. As he was crying, after 20 minutes I gave him milk (Formula). I came to know that the waiting period is 30 minutes. So I am worried. Is there any side effects by giving milk? Another query is my son has rashes on his neck. Doctor has given Compounded benzoic acid ointment? Can I use that cream?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. Relax,there is nothing to worry. You can feed after 20 minutes. Regarding rash I suggest you to apply calamine lotion(lile caladryl) 2 to 3 times. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rashes on neck 57 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. As per your recommendation I will apply calamine lotion. Last week rashes on my son's neck look black in colour and I applied Neomycin ointment. After 2 days the infected skin became scaly and was removed. But this week also I observed the same infection in my son's neck (on same place). What causes this kind of infection? Doctor has recommended Benzoic Acid ointment. Is it safe to use?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes benzoic acid can be is safe. Do not worry it will settles as he grows. Hope this helps. Take care..