Suggest treatment for rash in the buttock region?

My wife is a nurse and suggested applying corn starch ?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: query seem incomplete. Need history symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hello, Your query seem incomplete. Please mentioned some detailed medical history with signs and symptoms. What for your wife recommended to apply corn starch? Corn starch is used as the home remedy for diaper rashes in kids. Do you have any rashes or skin problem? How long do you have this problem? How it looks like and where? Do you had any consultation and investigation for that? Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rash in the buttock region? 24 minutes later
I have a rash and ozzing of my gludious maximu s
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Corn starch won't help. Please upload rash images. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. There are many causes for rashes in buttock region. Allergy and infection are the foremost common causes. In buttock, Yeast ( fungal) Infections are more common. Because Enclosed areas of the body that are warm and moist can be prone to developing yeast or fungal infections. Other common condition are Contact dermatitis ( Irritation due to yes, soaps, shampoos, detergents), Heat rashes (Blockage of sweat glands of the skin covering the buttocks can result in heat rash). It is difficult to diagnose the rashes without clinical examination and proper history. If you upload some photos of the rashes, it will help me to diagnose the lesion. Coming to your query, Corn starch is a home remedy and it may be used in Diaper rashes in child. In adults, Fungal infection is most common in buttocks. Thus Corn starch would not be relieve your oozing rashes. Sometimes, as a result of scratching, a secondary bacterial infection may be introduced. Thus you may need topical Antifungal creams or Antibiotics after diagnosing the lesion. Some basic tips to heal the rashes soon are 1. Wash the affected are gently and keep it clean. 2. Avoid rubbing the infected area. 3. XXXXXXX the skin dry with a clean and dry towel. 4. Always wash your hands before treating the rash, and wash them again, once you are done with it. 5. Drink plenty of liquids to help keep skin supple. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.