Suggest treatment for puss filled bumps and irritating discharge from vagina inspite of using monistat

Apr 2014

I never had any puss filled bumps.. I had intercourse over 3 months ago and my symptoms got worse after using monistat. I went to the doctor 3weeks after intercourse and I was told I had a yeast infection. I couldn't get to refill the meds so I used monistat 3 Immediately it burned and itches. None of the bumps have opened into any kind of sore.. i have been using yogurt to ease the itching. My discharge seems to irritate the outside of the vagina. Can it still be herpes? 1 hour ago Im just really scared its herpes.. from reading all these things online but im curious as to why haven't I gotten as open sore its been well over a month now since the symptoms have worsen. Im really paranoid. Ive been trying to get to the doctor for a month its been cancel better of snow and etc. None of the bumps can be burst. But once again im still scared.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: I don't think you have herpes infection. Detailed Answer: Hello Ms.XXXXX Thanks for writing to HCM I don't think you have herpes infection,it is a very painful condition. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include workup for STD.Other investigations include routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME.Further investigations can be done if needed. I think you was rightly diagnosed for yeast infection.You had taken the medicines wrongly.Other possibilities should also be ruled out. You can take Clotrimazole tablet 100 mg for vaginal use.It should be inserted deeply in the vagina at bedtime for six consecutive nights. You can also take antibiotics like capsule Amoxycillin 500 mg thrice daily for seven days. You should also take care of local hygiene and wear clean & dry under garments. You don't worry.You will be alright with medicines. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX