Suggest treatment for pulmonary nodule of 9mm

General Surgeon
Question
I WAS DIAGNOSES WITH PULMONARY NODULE SIZE 9MM.(9 MM NONCALCIFIED NODULE) .I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pulmunologist consult is necessary. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such nodule does not have to be anything significant. It does not indicate cancer. However it needs to be consulted by pulmunologist. He may either recommend an observation or bronchocsopy with samples collection for histopathology. Please consult pulmunologist. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.