Suggest treatment for psoriasis

Sir i am 47 Yers old I Have A skin problems soriyasis at befroe 15 years i Have Used Regulerly Tablets Atarax 25 And Cream Dipsalic But No Use Please Tell Me Permanent Solution For soriyasis
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Psoriasis, a chronic skin problem Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Now your problem is that on psoriasis of tho skin. First of all I would like to tell you that a permanent solution for this skin problem has not been developed till date. This problem has a tendency to recur and our main aim of treatment in psoriasis is to keep it under control with the minimum possible medicines. It is bound to come up more in winters. Sunlight is very useful in preventing the flare up of new psoriatic lesions, so try and expose the body to sunlight as much as possible. Now as far as the treatment that you are taking is concerned, you have been applying dipsalic which is an effective agent over the lesions. If we continue to apply a single agent over the lesions for a long time, the medicine tends to loose it's efficacy. So I would advise you to use another agent like clop cream alternatively with dipsalic cream. But remember to use either of these agents sparingly. This means that you should apply these only when new lesions appear and apply a minimal amount. In addition, you can take oral vitamin a tablets once a day for two weeks and then repeat the two week course at a gap of two weeks. Include more of vitamin a rich foods in your diet like eggs, carrots , apricot, green leafy vegetables and fish. But you should remember to stay away from the therapists who guarantee you a permanent solution for this problem since most of them are just quacks . There is no definite treatment for this problem yet. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul