Suggest treatment for prolonged weakness in right bicep

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have experience sudden, prolonged weakness in my right bicep muscle. I have had a long history of orthopedic problems but this is weird!
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to neurological causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The weakness of the biceps muscle that you are feeling could be due to biceps tendonitis due to degenerative changes in the biceps tendon or due to overuse injury. This may also be related to neurological causes like a nerve root compression. You need to consult a neurologist for a detailed examination and investigations like EmG- Electromyography and MRI scan to help in the diagnosis. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL