Suggest treatment for proliferative endometrium with cell and tubal metaplasia and focal glandular crowding?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: symptoms Detailed Answer: Hello I need a bit more detailed history to get a better idea of your problem . What symptoms do you have ? Since when are you post menopausal ? Any procedures done ? What other tests were done ? Any similar family history ? Are you on medication ? Any medical or surgical conditions ? If ultrasound was done have they mentioned the endometrial thickness ?
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for proliferative endometrium with cell and tubal metaplasia and focal glandular crowding? 3 hours later
It's been 15 months since last period. I take Celexa, Wellbutrin for depression- 40 mg and 200 mg,respectively. Started light bleeding about a month ago - doctor ordered trans vaginal ultrasound - showed uterine lining 9mm thick and cysts on both ovaries. Also experiencing mild cramping - tried Provera but that caused headache, dizziness, my throat was starting to close up, ringing in my ears. Will be starting promethium tomorrow. My mother had similar problems-she is deceased - don't know if her uterus was cancerous or not - I was very young when she had hysterectomy. In my 20's and 30's, I had similar reactions to various birth control pills. Bleeding has stopped but I still have intermittent cramping - varying from one side to the other and a bit of pressure. Since stopping the Provera, the other symptoms, headache, dizziness, etc. stopped.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible hysterectomy Detailed Answer: Well, the endometrium is proliferative which should be the case in post menopausal women. At 15 mths post, you were is complete menopause. Your Endometrial lining being 9mm is abnormal for a post menopausal woman. Some atypical cells which can be precancerous are also seen. Ideally, a D/C should be done and followed by a hystrectomy is necessary. Since you also have similar family history, i would recommend surgery. I would not say, that medical management is an option with a situation like this.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for Intestinal metaplasia
- Sticky skin symptom menopause
- Treatment for polypoid endometrium
- Is it okay to take a car ride after a hysterectomy
- Treatment and cure for proliferative endometrium cyst
- Foul odor ever since biopsy
- Color blindness treatment in ayurveda
- Missed period and orange pee
- Why non veg restriciton with ayurvedic medicine
- Multiple heart blockage remedy ayurveda
- Doctor ayurveda body growth
- Ayurvedic treatment for proliferative endometrium
- Ayurveda diet for reducing big tummy
- Disordered proliferative endometrium treatments
- When during pregnancy does leukorrhea start