Suggest treatment for proliferative endometrium with cell and tubal metaplasia and focal glandular crowding?

What is a typical treatment for disordered proliferative endometrium with pink cell and tubal metaplasia and focal glandular crowding? I have a sensitivity to progesterone and I am post-menopausal but in good health.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: symptoms Detailed Answer: Hello I need a bit more detailed history to get a better idea of your problem . What symptoms do you have ? Since when are you post menopausal ? Any procedures done ? What other tests were done ? Any similar family history ? Are you on medication ? Any medical or surgical conditions ? If ultrasound was done have they mentioned the endometrial thickness ?
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for proliferative endometrium with cell and tubal metaplasia and focal glandular crowding? 3 hours later
It's been 15 months since last period. I take Celexa, Wellbutrin for depression- 40 mg and 200 mg,respectively. Started light bleeding about a month ago - doctor ordered trans vaginal ultrasound - showed uterine lining 9mm thick and cysts on both ovaries. Also experiencing mild cramping - tried Provera but that caused headache, dizziness, my throat was starting to close up, ringing in my ears. Will be starting promethium tomorrow. My mother had similar problems-she is deceased - don't know if her uterus was cancerous or not - I was very young when she had hysterectomy. In my 20's and 30's, I had similar reactions to various birth control pills. Bleeding has stopped but I still have intermittent cramping - varying from one side to the other and a bit of pressure. Since stopping the Provera, the other symptoms, headache, dizziness, etc. stopped.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible hysterectomy Detailed Answer: Well, the endometrium is proliferative which should be the case in post menopausal women. At 15 mths post, you were is complete menopause. Your Endometrial lining being 9mm is abnormal for a post menopausal woman. Some atypical cells which can be precancerous are also seen. Ideally, a D/C should be done and followed by a hystrectomy is necessary. Since you also have similar family history, i would recommend surgery. I would not say, that medical management is an option with a situation like this.