Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism

Dear Doctor. Greetings. I have recently done master health check up. My ECG, 2D ECHO, Urine, X-ray are perfect. However my TSH and Blood results are not up to the mark. I have done tsh, twice along with (T3,T4) as doctor suggested for second opinion. TSH went up to 126.6 , Earlier it was 87. Please help me in this regard.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer: primary hypothyroidism is the diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! the diagnosis is very clear. you are primary hypothyroid. please start the treatment with thyroxine 1mcg /kg /d . take the tablet empty stomach early morning and observe another 30 min fast. after 6 weeks repeat TSH and FT4 and let me know the reports. Regards!
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor. I am sorry - i did not understand ? can you please suggest is it 25/50/100 mg per day. Thanks in advance. Regards.XXXX
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 11 hours later
Brief Answer: As per wt. Detailed Answer: Dear user, Hi! sorry I got a little technical. if you are around 50 kg then 50 mcg thyroxine every morning, if you are around 75 kg then 75 mcg. so it is according to your wt which was not mentioned in the query so I could not tell you the dose. Regards , take care!
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism 5 hours later
Thanks Doctor - I am 66kgs will go with 75gm. Hope this is fine. Thanks. Cheers.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: correct. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, that is right. you can check after 6 weeks and let me know. Regards!