Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction

Hello Doctor, I am 30 year old diabetic patient since last 2 years. I am on insulin taking a dosage of 10 units x 2 per day. I am taking Huminsulin 30/70. I married 3 years back and having a daughter of 2 years. Currently i am having problem with my sexual life. My sexual intercourse does not last more than 2-3 minutes. Early ejaculation is there. Penis is not getting harder. Please suggest
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: check free serum testosterone with sugar control Detailed Answer: Hello 40-70 % of people with diabetes have some kind of sexual problem. The cause of sex problem in Diabetes are- 1-loss of elasticity of cavernous smooth muscles so there is poor effect of N2O on arousal 2-there is deposition of cholesterol and damage to blood vessels in penis so blood supply is reduced at the time of erection. this is the reason of reduced hardness 3-Associated stress causes early ejaculation 4- There is loss of sensations due to damage to autonomic nerves so excitement is reduced , causing less hardness and pleasure The treatment is- 1- particular about the control of diabetes with all dietary and life style changes to be observed as advised by doctor. Please check your sugar levels and if its abnormal you need to set it right as soon as possible. 2- 30 minutes brisk walk daily 3- Eliminating and controlling all other risk factors as you would do for a cardiac problem 4- Yoga asana for stretching, increasing endurance and mental relaxation 5- Besides the above, I also suggest you to check for Free Serum Testosterone level at 9 AM as diabetic patients have reduced testosterone in more than half patients, it worsens the control of diabetes and add actively to sex problems. 6- Avoid smoking Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction 33 minutes later
Thanks Doctor!!!!!! I do not smoke or intake alcohol. Is there any medicine required? Free Serum Testosterone level at 9 AM-------it is a test or something else please explain
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: May need Sildenafil and testosterone Detailed Answer: Hello It is a blood test. You may need medicines like PGE5 inhibitors like Sildenafil and Testosterone Supplement DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA