Suggest treatment for post pardum depression

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for a couple years for post pardum depression. It worked great and I had no trouble with it. Then recently it started to not work and I haven't found another medication that works as good. I've tried Wellbutrin which didn't work at all and also Lexapro 20mg which I haven't seen much results from yet either. I've taken Lexapro for about 5 weeks with no real benefit yet. I've also been getting ECT treatments through my psychiatrist. I've been having some memory loss but I'm at a loss of what to do. On a daily basis I don't want to live my life And I have no appetite and have lost 20lbs in the last month
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get your physical examination done.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. I thinks you should again consult your doctor because you have mentioned in history about so many medications which did not help you. From your thoughts, its clear that detailed physical examination must be carried out so that your treatment can be changed. You should not change your medicine by yourself without consulting your doctor. Zoloft is good medicine, I thinks you should again talk to your doctor for zoloft. From history you have mentioned , you seems still to be in depression. Even after ECT you are not out of depression, I think you need to change your psychiatrist. You are taking one medicine at a time, your psychiatrist may advise you combination of antidepressant medicines of different groups after your physical examination. Because in your case I do not think single medicine would help you. You must not treat your self by your own with combination of antidepressant medicines without consulting your doctor. Send me report of your physical examination. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask XXXXXXX related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.